Do you have a set batch of reports that you run on a regular basis and want to give it more professional styling? Check out QuickBooks Online’s Management Reports. You can create a package of reports that includes a cover page, table of contents, preliminary pages, and end notes.
If you go to the Reports section and click on the Management Reports tab, there are 2 default report packages – Basic Company Financials and Expanded Company Financials. In the Action column, there’s a button to View each report, and next to that is an arrow that gives you a dropdown menu. In addition to sending the reports or exporting them as PDF or Microsoft Word document, you can edit the package, or create a new package by copying an existing one.
Click the Edit button to see what you’re able to customize:
- The top section of the window lets you edit the Template name and the report period. The Template is the report package you’re working on. These fields are editable in whatever section of the package you’re working on.
- Cover page: You have a couple style options, and can add a logo and title information for the report package.
- Table of contents: This will update as you add or remove reports from the package.
- Preliminary pages: You can title each page and use the text editor to add content. Add additional pages with the button at the bottom of the window.
- Reports: Choose which reports to include in the package. Click the pencil icon on the right side to edit each report’s title, the period covered, and if you want to compare it to a prior period. Add additional reports with the button at the bottom of the window.
- End notes: Add a title, and add content in the text editor.
Once you’re done with the report package, save it as a template. You can email it directly from QuickBooks Online, or you can export it as a PDF or Microsoft Word document. If you email it, you can select recipients and edit the subject line and body of the email. The report package will be attached to the email as a PDF.